Holiday checklists are essential to a stress-free holiday and avoiding that feeling you have forgotten something. To make it that little bit easier, we have compiled a holiday essentials list for you to check off before you go:
- Get your documentation and visas in order well in advance of your trip. Insurance is also vital so make sure you’re covered for all activities.
- Vaccinations are required for a number of destinations and often have to be received months in advance of your departure. Don’t leave them until the last minute or you may not be able to travel at all.
- It may seem obvious, but a huge number of people forget to check their passport is still in date before traveling. Express services are available but you are much better off getting it sorted in plenty of time in case there are delays.
- If you are traveling outside the Euro-zone, order currency from the bank in advance to make sure they have the sum you require. Make sure your cards will work in the country you are traveling to and sign up for internet banking if you want to be able to check your balance, it may not be possible at ATMs.
- Travel adaptors for plug sockets may also be necessary, make sure you have the right ones.
- Make sure you have all tickets, booking confirmations and travel itineraries at hand. If you use any medications, make sure you have enough for the duration of your stay or ask your pharmacist if the prescription will be accepted in your destination.
- Prepare for all weathers. If going on a sun holiday, bring a pair of trousers and a warm jumper just in case. This should be plenty for one or two rainy days. Don’t forget sun cream, beach towels, swimwear, sunglasses, camera and your mobile phone. If you are expecting a cooler climate, pack light layers that you can peel off if the sun shows its face.
- Leave contact details with someone at home and make sure you have the phone number of your travel agent, insurance company and the local embassy if needs be.